Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

how to create 3D grass

Learn more on how to use Sandbox, or submit your own tutorials or resources.
siimvuss
Name: S
IRC Username: S

how to create 3D grass

Post by siimvuss »

Since many people have wanted some tutorials for sandbox and there is no-one to make them I decided to make some myself.
So my first tutorial:
How to create 3D grass
1. You have to open sandbox :D
2. select the area which you want to make grass onto.
3. Press F2 and select the grass texture (look at the picture!).
4. Type "grass 1" into command line ("grass 0" to disable)

And thats how easy it is :)
siimvuss

Re: how to create 3D grass

Post by siimvuss »

If you have anything which you want a tutorial for just write and ill make the tutorial :)
Meevil
Name: Liam

Post by Meevil »

Tahnkyou! Very helpful! :)
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Maybe you should tell people how to add their own 3D grass :D You can take a look at default_map_settings and find where it says autograss and kurt_grass 1 or something like that. You'd add it to other textures like it is done there. Also the grass itself is found in packages/textures/ and is kurt_grass something hehe. You can add lots of stuff with that autograss bit, that is how I added in some wheat. Take care!
-mike
PS if you're really interested in helping to write tutorials, clownfish has a whole list of ones that need to be done.
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
siimvuss

Post by siimvuss »

Mike wrote:Maybe you should tell people how to add their own 3D grass :D You can take a look at default_map_settings and find where it says autograss and kurt_grass 1 or something like that. You'd add it to other textures like it is done there. Also the grass itself is found in packages/textures/ and is kurt_grass something hehe. You can add lots of stuff with that autograss bit, that is how I added in some wheat. Take care!
-mike
PS if you're really interested in helping to write tutorials, clownfish has a whole list of ones that need to be done.
Well I did take ideas of tutorials from clownfishs ideas :D
But I were not sure if I can post there. If I can I´ll post the next tutorials in there.