Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

[0.6.3.6] BETA EasyScriptBuilder w/ Auto-updater

Section for submitting new content to Sandbox, such as maps, code, etc.
Kids are also more than welcome to submit their work with parental permission!

What should be added to the next release?

Playlists for the Media Player
11%
More Languages (C#, C++, Lua, Batch)
No votes
RPG Script for the C+C (click+code) scripting interface
89%

Total votes: 9

Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Re: [0.5.2.6] BETA EasyScriptBuilder + ESB-Updater 1.0.0.0

Post by Leo_V117 »

Hehe, Thanks for that Rune.

Just a quick update to you guys.
I'm adding the 2.7 RPG code to the next version, with a "tip" system at the bottom that changes every 10 seconds. Gives you time to read it. Uhh, hopefully gonna add a new bunch of errors to the error list, maybe with a "double-click" event that allows you to jump to "unknown command" errors and such. This feature might take a while to perfect though. In the mean time, I'll try and set ESB to compile in C++, that way I could possibly set it up on Linux. Although I'm unsure about how that could work.

Either way, Thanks for your comments/feedback.
Looking forward to some more.
Thanks,
- Leo
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team

Re: [0.5.9.5] BETA EasyScriptBuilder w/ Auto-updater

Post by Leo_V117 »

Check out the first page for some updates. 0.5.9.5 has been released. 0.6.2.1 will be available sometime tonight. Maybe tomorrow. Gonna split the Media Player and the Web Browser. It appears that these two make editing pretty slow.
java.x.beast
Name: Addis
IRC Username: javaxbeast

Post by java.x.beast »

Hey Leo, I WOULD LOVE to become a tester for ESB. Thanks for the invite. I'm downloading the NET framework right now. :D

Thanks,
CEO of Vulcanis Entertainment,
Addis Regassa
Age of Darkness
Maps: Image
Music: Image
Models: Image
Scripts: Image
Other: Image
Visit the company website: (In progress (Expected to be released in two weeks :uber:) 8-) :D 8-) )
Visit the company page on ModDB: Vulcanis Entertainment
java.x.beast wrote: I got them moves like JAGger!!!
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

@Leo: just out of curiosity, but why would you add more scripting/programming languages? I mean, if we wanted a whole lot of programming languages, we would get Notepad++. Just seems a bit redundant to me. However, I like the drag+drop idea. Just like Adobe Dreamweaver.

Also, I tried the new version and attempted to use the themes, nothing really seemed to work for me. The preloaded recon theme didn't load right. Maybe there should be a relatively simple select and hit load method to using themes.

Instead of having a long list of colors, why not include one of the RGB color wheels? I think that would be much easier to use. Or maybe you could even add hex color support.

Also, when I start, I get a black background with black text. In other words, I have no idea what's being typed.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Leo_V117 »

Oh, that error is due to the Textbox and the themes system. What you have to do is go to the themes, select "default" and use that. The later release has that little bug. I'll kick it out soon though. For the Hex color system, I'd need to convert Hex to System, and I really dont want to do that. :( Too complicated. Likewise with the color wheel.

However, for the rest of you. Heres a screenshot:
Drag + Drop Interface - Rev2: Looks bare at the moment... Next image will probably show the Object Properties window.
Drag + Drop Interface - Rev2: Looks bare at the moment... Next image will probably show the Object Properties window.
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Leo_V117 »

As promised, a new screenshot:
0.7.2.4 Click+Code Interface: Rev4 - Code: Pretty bare at the moment. Although I'm working on the Configuration system.
0.7.2.4 Click+Code Interface: Rev4 - Code: Pretty bare at the moment. Although I'm working on the Configuration system.
I decided to change it from Drag+Drop to Click+Code, Although it works in the same manner. Double-clicking the object/icon you want to add, adds it to the text box. I just need to work on Shortcuts and a toolbar for it, then the rest is good to go. This update has a lot more work involved as I need to create a compiler that will load all the text files included in the treeview on the left, (Loads through XML) then get it to copy all the code and write it to one single file. Gonna be a pain in the rear to get this sorted.
cork279
Name: Corey
IRC Username: cork279

Post by cork279 »

It's looking better and better :D
My latest track: Odyssey

Soundcloud - Youtube - ModDB
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Leo_V117 »

cork279 wrote:It's looking better and better :D
Thanks! I try my best. 8-)

@All: Check out this topic if you want to get your name mentioned in the next release. That, and if you want to get your work seen by the communtity. :D
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Leo_V117 »

wildflower wrote:
Leo_V117 wrote:Thanks for that wildflower, I managed to document the commands and whatnot. Gonna add them to ESB pretty soon. Especially to the C+C Interface, which is actually coming along pretty nicely. Again, Thanks wildflower!
You're welcome, Any chance of a Linux version?
Okay wildflower, and the rest of you Linux users, maybe even Mac users. I've done some research into .NET on Linux, and I came across this: MonoDevelop

Hopefully, with a little tweaking of my own project (Develop the program in Visual C#, then open and compile the project in MonoDevelop) I could release ESB on Linux and/or Mac. But, doing so might take a little time. So, bear with me and I'll keep posting the updates here, as usual. Thats all for today.

Thanks.
- Leo
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team

Re: [0.6.3.6] BETA EasyScriptBuilder w/ Auto-updater

Post by Leo_V117 »

--- BUMP ---

Hey guys, heres a new screenshot of ESB:
0.7.6.5 Click+Code Interface - Guibutton: Yep, finally getting somewhere. Looking good yet?
0.7.6.5 Click+Code Interface - Guibutton: Yep, finally getting somewhere. Looking good yet?
Thats just one of the many menus it has. Haha, its now a little more reliable too.

Tell me what you think.
- Leo